Here’s a great hook by Janet Evanovich:
There are some men who enter a woman’s life and screw it up forever. Joseph Morelli did this to me—not forever, but periodically.
What makes it good?
- It’s universal. What woman, by say her mid twenties, can’t relate?
- It speaks to the books target market.
- It states the name of the hero and alludes to him being a catch.
- It begs the question, how did he screw up her life – periodically?
- It uses a simple sentence structure.
All work is copyrighted and cannot be used without written permission.